VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4
The VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4 release includes the following:
- Flexible vRealize Suite product upgrades: Starting with VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4 and vRealize Lifecycle Manager 8.6.2, upgrade and deployment of the vRealize Suite products is managed by vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. You can upgrade vRealize Suite products as new versions become available in your vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager will only allow upgrades to compatible and supported versions of vRealize Suite products. Specific vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight, and Workspace ONE Access versions will no longer be listed in the VMware Cloud Foundation BOM.
- Improvements to upgrade prechecks: Upgrade prechecks have been expanded to verify filesystem capacity and passwords. These improved prechecks help identify issues that you need to resolve to ensure a smooth upgrade.
- SSH disabled on ESXi hosts: This release disables the SSH service on ESXi hosts by default, following the vSphere security configuration guide recommendation. This applies to new and upgraded VMware Cloud Foundation 4.4 deployments.
- User Activity Logging: New activity logs capture all the VMware Cloud Foundation API invocation calls, along with user context. The new logs will also capture user logins and logouts to the SDDC Manager UI.
- SDDC Manager UI workflow to manage DNS and NTP configurations: This feature provides a guided workflow to validate and apply DNS and NTP configuration changes to all components in a VMware Cloud Foundation deployment.
- 2-node vSphere clusters are supported when using NFS, VMFS on FC, or vVols as the principal storage for the cluster: This feature does not apply when using vSAN as principal storage or when using vSphere Lifecycle Manager baselines for updates.
- Security fixes: This release includes fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
- Improvements to reduce SDDC Manager service CPU and Memory usage and decrease inventory load times: Reduces the overall SDDC Manager service resource usage and improves service stability in scaled deployments. Decreases the load times for inventory objects (for example, ESXi hosts, workload domains, and so on) in the SDDC Manager UI.
- Multi-Instance Management is deprecated: The Multi-Instance Management Dashboard is no longer available in the SDDC Manager UI.
- BOM updates: Updated Bill of Materials with new product versions.
VMware Cloud Foundation Bill of Materials (BOM)
The VMware Cloud Foundation software product is comprised of the following software Bill-of-Materials (BOM). The components in the BOM are interoperable and compatible.
|Software Component||Version||Date||Build Number|
|Cloud Builder VM||4.4||10 FEB 2022||19312029|
|SDDC Manager||4.4||10 FEB 2022||19312029|
|VMware vCenter Server Appliance||7.0 Update 3c||27 JAN 2022||19234570|
|VMware ESXi||7.0 Update 3c||27 JAN 2022||19193900|
|VMware Virtual SAN Witness Appliance||7.0 Update 3c||27 JAN 2022||19193900|
|VMware NSX-T Data Center||220.127.116.11||21 DEC 2021||19068434|
|VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager||8.6.2||18 JAN 2022||19221620|
For more blogs related to VMware products, please click on https://vmwarehub.in